Reasons to study this PhD program
- ITESO is an institution of academic excellence, and the region's leading private university in the generation of knowledge in the Social Sciences.
- The scientific formation in this PhD program is based on interdisciplinary dialogue. ITESO has inter-institutional and international academic cooperation agreements that offer opportunities for academic exchange, research fellowships, and relationships with different academic research associations.
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty with extensive specialized publications.
- Researchers who belong to the National System of Researchers (SNI, in its initials in Spanish) of the National Science and Technology Council (Conacyt), and the Mexican Academy of Sciences.
- This PhD program is recognized as a Program of International Competence by the National Registry of Quality Graduate Programs (PNPC) of the National Science and Technology Council (Conacyt), and by the Ministry of Public Education (SEP).
- Students from different parts of Mexico and from other countries.
ITESO offers a variety of specializations, master's degrees and PhDs that will help you be a better professional and interact with outstanding members of the academy, civil organizations, the government, and the private sector. We have more researchers listed on the National System of Researchers than any other private university in western Mexico, and many of our graduate programs are recognized by the National Registry of Quality Graduate Programs.
ITESO graduate programs give you access networks of knowledge in which researchers, experts and students work together on academic, professional, social, cultural and economic projects. By studying at ITESO, you will get a closer look to the work of renowned academics who put human values at the center of their work; they are interested in making relevant contributions to knowledge and offering viable solutions to specific problems. For these reasons, ITESO is recognized as the most important private university in western Mexico.
Our professors are experts in their fields; they lead projects in collaboration with other academics, from both ITESO and other universities; they actively participate in collaboration and research projects, and are committed to the values and foundations of our educational project.
In addition, our university belongs to the Jesuit University System, a group of universities that has the most programs listed on the National Registry of Quality Graduate Programs (PNPC, in its initials in Spanish) of the National Science and Technology Council (CONACYT, in its initials in Spanish) in the private education sector.