The candidate's file must be submitted along with the documents listed in "Annex 1: Documents" (see at the end of this page). The documentation can be submitted personally or by courier service.a) Personally – by previous appointment – with Mónica Unda Gutiérrez PhD
Tel. 52 (33) 36 69 3434, Ext. 3607. ITESO, E Building, Office No. 114, ground floor.
b) By courier service, the documentation must be sent to:
ITESO PhD in Social Welfare
Periférico Sur Manuel Gómez Morín 8585
C.P. 45604 Tlaquepaque, Jal. México
Tel. 52 (33) 36 69 3434, Ext. 3467. Fax. 52 (33) 31 34 2970
Att'n. Carlos Moreno Jaimes PhD.
- If any of the required documents are missing, the file will be considered incomplete and will not be evaluated.
- The CV must contain the following location data: full name, RFC (Federal Taxpayer's Code), CURP (Personal Population Registry Code, for Mexicans only), mailing address, home and work phone including area code, e-mail, current employer and job.
- Submit all documents on letter-sized paper and in the order indicated above. No binders.
- For more information: email@example.com - Tel. 52 (33) 36-69-3434, ext. 3467
You can review the last admission process here
ANNEX 1: DOCUMENTATION
Documents in English or translated into English:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of Intent. The letter must not exceed 1,500 words, and it must include the student's reasons for studying a PhD program and this program in particular. It must also mention the student's academic experience and how it relates to the PhD program. Some information about future career plans is also relevant.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one from a professor writing about the candidate's academic qualifications. The letters must be inside a sealed envelope bearing the writer's signature on the seal to verify its authenticity.
- Undergraduate and master's degree transcripts.
- Copy of master's degree.
- A description of the candidate's research project proposal, not to exceed 2,500 words. We recommend that the document include:
- Project Title
- Author's Name
- Background and significance of the project
- Literature review.
- Research question.
- Project's contribution
Documents in Spanish
- Copy of master's degree transcript.
- Copy of professional and master's degree licenses.
- Copy of candidate's birth certificate.
- Document(s) proving the candidate's work experience.
- Result of the TOEFL and GRE tests or the pay slip indicating when the exam will be taken. For the TOEFL a minimum score of 80 points is required on the internet-based test.
Note: Once admitted to the program, candidates must fulfill the admission requirements set forth by the ITESO Registrar's Office.
 For GRE results, the Graduate School of Social Work code is 3219 and the Department code is 5199.