Lines of generation and application of knowledge
The focuses of generation and/or application of knowledge of the Master's Degree in Computer Systems are the Design, Analysis and Implementation of High-Performance Systems.
The concept of High Performance Computing refers to systems that make efficient use of their hardware resources, with a focus on software performance optimization and the maximum use of the processing capacity of the hardware where the software will be run. These systems, based on supercomputer or multicore processor clusters, focus on different areas of application such as data warehousing, line-of-business applications (LOB) and transaction processing, among others.
The research orientation must be toward Technological Development for Sustainable Social Wellbeing. Based on this definition and according to the PFPA, the Department of Electronics, Systems and Informatics addresses the following issues:
- Sustainable competitiveness based on technological innovation with high added value.
- Competitiveness based on technology management.
- Competitiveness based on education.
The solutions to these problems are grounded in formal theories and methodologies in the areas of mathematics, electronics, communication and control, information and management systems, and computer sciences. These problems-objects of study define DESI's focuses of generation and application of knowledge.
The FGAK of High Performance Computing Systems, in accordance with the PFPA, includes the following objects of study, among others:
- Representation, manipulation and interpretation of large volumes of data (in a non-restrictive format) in different contexts.
- Automation of business processes (for example, identifying the best candidates for an open position) or the identification of behavioral patterns of the company's clients in order to offer them better service.
- Automation of services in electronic commercial settings through systems that offer user assistance, in order to optimize the time, cost and security of their transactions.
- Processing large amounts of information needed to carry out experiments and technological development related to scientific computing.
- Manipulation (understanding and transformation) of multimedia contents in entertainment environments.
- Simulation of natural and/or social phenomena (for example: the flow of cars in a city, the behavior of crowds in massive concentration sites such as concerts and protests, behavior of natural catastrophes such as fires, earthquakes or storms).
- Pattern recognition (for example, identifying the elements in still or video images for the purpose of assuring the quality of manufacturing processes or aiding in the detection of defects and/or forgery, preventing and solving crime, etc.).
- DESIGN, ANALYSIS AND IMPLEMENTATION OF HIGH-PERFORMANCE SYSTEMS:
- Description: This refers to the design, analysis and implementation of system components that make efficient use of hardware resources, with a focus on software performance optimization and the maximum utilization of the processing capacity provided by the hardware where it will be run. These systems, based on the use of supercomputer or multicore processor clusters, have a number of areas of application, such as big data, data warehousing, line-of-business (LOB) applications, transaction processing, scientific computing, and graphic computing, among others.
- Topics covered in this line of research:
- Concurrent and parallel systems
- Distributed and cloud computing
- Analysis of structured, non-structured, and massive information
- Cómputo científico
- Graphic computing
- Participating Professors and Researchers:
- ITESO Professors:
- Mildreth Isadora Alcaraz Mejía PhD (DESI)
- Raúl Campos Rodríguez PhD (DESI)
- José Francisco Cervantes Álvarez PhD (DESI)
- Luis Enrique González Jiménez PhD (DESI)
- Luis Fernando Gutiérrez Preciado PhD (DESI)
- Hugo Iván Piza Dávila PhD (DESI)
- Riemann Ruiz Cruz PhD (DESI)
- Iván Esteban Villalón Turrubiates PhD (DESI)
- Víctor Hugo Zaldívar Carrillo PhD (DESI)
- José Luis Elvira Valenzuela M.S. (DESI)
- Víctor Hugo Ortega Guzmán M.S. (DESI)
- Luis Eduardo Pérez Bernal M.S. (DESI)
- Norma Isabel Villanueva Paredes M.S. (DESI)
- Francisco Morfín Otero PhD (DPES)
- PROFESSORS FROM OUTSIDE ITESO:
- Malu Castellanos PhD (HP Sunnyvale, CA)
- Alberto de Obeso Orendain PhD (Intel Gdl)
- J. Guadalupe Olascuaga Cabrera PhD (Oracle Gdl)
- Jun Zeng PhD (HP Palo Atlo, CA)
- Miriam Díaz Rodríguez M.S. (CINVESTAV – Estudiante Doctorado)
- Teresa González M.S. (HP Palo Alto, CA)
- Rodrigo Israel Novelo Cervera M.S. (HP Gdl)
- Carlos Adolfo Ordoñez Márquez M.S. (Oracle Redwood CA)
- César Romero Espinosa M.S. (Oracle Gdl)
- Sunil Kothari PhD (HP Palo Alto, CA)
- ITESO Professors: