Reasons for studying this degree program
You become part of a working network made up of social organizations and government agencies, at the national and international levels, who have been working on urban issues for over 40 years.
- You join research and intervention programs, initiatives and projects that focus on the social sustainability of habitat.
- You develop a project that proposes real solutions.
- You work with a faculty made up of researchers and professors with experience in sustainability, social management, public spaces, urban governance, planning, urban design and participatory processes, among others field of expertise.
- You gain access to agreements established with universities that belong to the Association of Universities Entrusted to the Society of Jesus in Latin America (AUSJAL, in its initials in Spanish)
- You study at an environmentally-friendly campus with over 3 thousand trees, equipped outdoor working areas, smart buildings, and facilities adapted for people with special needs
- You can use laboratories such as the Design Innovation Workshops, which constitute an entire sustainable building. Each requirement adheres to the specifications of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification, which is granted by the United States Green Building Council and has worldwide validity.
- Learn more about the ITESO experience by taking a tour of the campus and its green areas.
At ITESO you will find specialization, master's degree and PhD programs that will help you become a better professional and establish relations with distinguished members of the academy, civil organizations, the government and the private sector. We are the private university in western Mexico with the most researchers registered in the National System of Researchers, and many of our graduate programs are recognized by the National Registry of Quality Graduate Programs.
ITESO graduate programs give you access to knowledge networks, in which researchers, experts and students share academic, professional, social, cultural and economic projects. By studying at ITESO, you will work closely with outstanding academics, who have a strong commitment to human values, to making relevant contributions to knowledge, and to formulating viable solutions to current problems. All of this has earned ITESO a reputation as the leading private university in western Mexico.
Our professors are experts in their fields of knowledge; they lead projects in collaboration with academics from ITESO and elsewhere; they contribute actively to collaboration and research projects; and they are committed to the values and foundations of our educational project.
Finally, the Jesuit University System, to which our university is affiliated, has the most programs listed on the National Registry of Quality Graduate Programs (PNPC, in its initials in Spanish) of the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) within the private education sector.