|Laura Patricia Ochoa Mariscal||Spring 2015||"Inclusive Educational Spaces". Lecture for Architecture students at the University UNEDL, 2015.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||"Insecurity and violence generated by urban mobility" 7th UNESCO-ITESO Chair; "Social management for the construction of safe and violence-free cities". Guadalajara, Mexico, 2015.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||"Promoting bicycles in Latin America", 4th International Conference on Bicycle Culture, Medellin, Colombia, 2015.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||What has been done to consolidate a comprehensive strategy to promote bicycle use in Latin America? 10th International Conference on Sustainable Transportation, "Reinventing cities". CTS Embarq, Mexico City, Mexico, 2014.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||"Citizen participation in city planning", Seminar about the Metropolitan Area of Leon; nature and public spaces. Urban Planning Institute of Guanajuato. Leon de los Aldama, Guanajuato, 2014.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||"Urban mobility in Guadalajara". ITESO. Guadalajara, Mexico, 2014.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||"Sustainable urban infrastructure management" ITESO. Guadalajara, Mexico, 2014.|
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||"Change your wheel, talk on sustainable mobility". UNIVA. Guadalajara, Mexico, 2014|
|Rosa Elena Martinez Martinez||Fall 2013|| |
"Cactus mix" at the Cactus Society of Jalisco NAKARI, Guadalajara City Museum, 2014. The event was promoted in the following media outlets: http://cultura.guadalajara.gob.mx/?q=agenda/2014/02/28/mezcla-de-cactaceas
|Yeriel Salcedo Torres||Spring 2014||Co-author of the Jalisco Urban Cyclist's Manual. State Government of Jalisco (in press). Guadalajara, Mexico, 2014.|
|Sandra Vanesa Robles Aguilar||Fall 2014|| Letter to the Politician in My Head (October 1, 2014) http://masgdl.com/maspormas-gdl/columnas- gdl/carta-al-politico-de-mi-imaginacion |
In this article, the author addresses the consequences that the potential flooding of the community of Temacapulin, Jalisco would bring in terms of food and environmental security to the Highlands region of Jalisco.
|Sandra Vanesa Robles Aguilar||Fall 2014|| Reflections from a Water-Logged Body (September 24, 2014) |
Water is a recurring topic in a metropolitan area like Guadalajara, where aside from struggling with scarcity, broken pipes leak 4 out of every 10 liters of the water extracted from Lake Chapala and other aquifers. Furthermore, 60% of rainfall is not contained by the city's drainage system, and the other 40% turns into sewage.
|Sandra Vanesa Robles Aguilar||Fall 2014|| My Life in the Gated Community (August 20, 2014) |
This article looks at the imaginaries of closed or gated communities and the consequences that these types of developments have for the city.
|Sandra Vanesa Robles Aguilar||Fall 2014|| The Jobs Lost to a Diabolical Plan (July 16, 2014) |
If Guadalajara had a park surplus, there would be a boom for gardeners and landscapers, as well as cotton candy, ice-cream and balloon vendors. But no. These jobs are being killed off by car culture.
|Laura Patricia Ochoa Mariscal||Spring 2015||"Heat, Culture and Society". Blog article. Universia.edu , published in 2015.|