One of the foundations of the formation that this program offers is interdisciplinarity.
ITESO has cultivated this strength, having developed:
- Thirteen undergraduate programs in engineering.
- Six master's degree and PhD programs.
- Networks of relationships with universities and research centers.
- Existing research programs in its Departments of:
- Electronics, Systems and Informatics (DESI)
- Habitat and Urban Development (DHDU)
- Technological and Industrial Processes (DPTI)
- Research program being developed in the Department of Mathematics and Physics (DMAF).
Another outstanding strength is the experience that has accumulated in the departments mentioned above, as well as in ITESO's Innovation and Technology Management Center (CEGINT), in handling outside requests for service and undertaking projects on the request of companies and organizations. Many of these projects have been carried out with federal, state and municipal funding, particularly from CONACYT and COECITJAL.